Monday, January 7, 2013

Overwhelmed...

Here's the scoop... I made it to the cities! It has been no easy task to get here! The enemy was working hard all day trying to keep me home...from sick kids, to feeling guilty about leaving them and Dave (my step-dad) behind. I've never been away from home this long, let alone been without my kiddos. Tough stuff! But let it be known, that with every attack that happened today, a blessing and "intervention" came right after!

Just a review of the day...

1) Lane stayed home from school. Complaining of a stomach ache since last night.
Intervention- prayer over him, he slept a while longer, and his stomach ache went away. He had a little lunch and went to school :) (Thank You, God!)

2) Washing a load of whites that I was planning to pack to take with me... Our water filter cycled (I didn't know it) and I had rust stains on EVERYTHING, including 2 of my favorite white shirts That I wear all the time. No time to shop, no time to replace those items...
Intervention- A dear friend of mine was in Mason City and picked up 2 shirts EXACTLY like the 2 that were ruined. Had no idea she was even in Mason! (amazing blessing, huh?)

3) Baggage weighing more than weight limit...packing, unpacking, repacking, and finally...
Intervention- a solution that allowed me to take what I needed, and still be under weight limit (not resolved until asking HS what I should do...and I did consult with my husband and friends that have flown before as well ;) ) HS had the ultimate solution...a mix of all advice given. He's so smart! ;)

4) Found a fairly large lump in Korbin's armpit while helping him get dressed for preschool. Had me worried and wanted to take him to the Dr.
Intervention- prayer (advice from a friend) and declaring Korbin is healed and whole in Jesus' name...and BELIEVING that. Paul is also keeping an eye on him :) (thank You in advance, Lord for your healing!)

5) A car in front of me hit a deer on the interstate and the deer went flying into my lane. Not enough time to react how I needed to, and I also hit it. A very loud "thud"... (I won't go into detail about what ground up deer looks like...or feels like as you hit it and your vehicle runs over it. Uh, too late, huh.)
Intervention- no damage that I could see. Car is running fine! (thank You, Lord!)

6) Anxiety about leaving my kiddos and Dave...
Intervention- amazing and encouraging conversations from good friends. A special word of encouragement from my step-sister, and encouragement from Dave. (including a big hug and "I love you" from him! I will cherish that! Also, reassurance that my family will visit with him and help him out if needed. I'm pretty blessed, huh? :) (thank You God for speaking through other people when I'm so wrapped up in emotions! I need to work on that.)

Another intervention to anxiety was coffee with a friend in the cities! Much appreciated time to relax and enjoy conversation!

7) Got to the hotel and found out they don't allow long term parking for people flying. (or people not staying)
Intervention- the sweet lady at the counter, with much hesitation, decided to allow me to leave my car parked at the hotel while I'm gone...for FREE! (Thank You, God for softening her heart and using her to bless me! Special prayers and blessings to her!)

8) Stinky room, feels a bit unclean...
Intervention- an amazing, thoughtful and fun care package given to me by a sweet friend. Including a "Flat Louise" to join "Thelma" on her journey. (yeah, I know that doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to me...and trust me, it's sweet and funny at the same time!) ( Again, thank You, God for using people to show me how much You love me... No, how much You ADORE me! :)

All of this just blows me away! Seriously... I am so blessed! Father God is speaking and showing His love and adoration through soooo many circumstances and situations that the enemy has tried to use to distract me or keep me from going. God is sooo good!

So yeah, I found myself crying this evening, on more than one occasion.. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm overwhelmed by His blessings...whether it was supernatural or through others... I am blessed...and humbled by His goodness.

Press on... Even in the midst of struggles...there is a blessing waiting just around the corner. Today was proof of that!

And the word I got while traveling tonight... "detox". I have an idea of what that means, but I can't wait to shut all the doors, close the windows, turn everything off and spend time with Him! I can't wait to see what He has planned for these 11 days!

I have a feeling there may be tears involved...and it's a good thing. :) Laughter will follow in abundance! More than I can imagine! I know that to be true...with all my heart!

Thank You, Father!! I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment